Monday, May 19, 2008

Ripple Connection Question Of The Week

Ripple Connection Questions are a unique way to engage people in conversation. Whether with a complete stranger or someone you already know, but want to know better, using Ripple Connection Questions (RCQ) accelerate the dialogue and deepen the connection. The questions are by design, fun to ask and fun to answer, and can take your connection to an entirely new level. Come on, break out of that shell of yours and start Rippling.

So with no further adieu....this week's Ripple Connection Question is:

WHAT WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO BE A STAR IN?


I get the greatest reaction when I use this question as a means to connect. You literally get to watch people mentally teleport themselves to the secret fantasy of being whatever it is they really want to be. For some it might mean being a highly sought after nationally known speaker. For some its a rock star. For others its shooting that winning basket or hitting that game winning homer. Still for others its something more personal as was the case with a woman I met recently at a conference. She just wanted to be a star in the eyes of her kids; to be thought of as cool and fun to hang around despite their teenage bravado. She actually teared up when she shared her answer with me.

Whatever it is...its a great connection question and one that is certain to open another person up in ways you could never imagine.

Give it a try. You will be glad you did!

Ripple On!!!

2 comments:

Arlin K. Pauler said...

Hello Steve:
Once again a great question for getting the kind of results you just described.
I often feel very awkward approaching people I don’t know or even people I do know when it comes to connecting with who they are as a person. RCQ’s make initiating conversation so much easier. They are a very effective tool.
I am still working on remembering to use them. Do you have a list of your RCQ’s? Having a list to review would sure help me be more mindful of what to say to initiate a more meaningful conversation with people.
Thank you Steve for your “Great Work”.
Your friend and colleague, Arlin.

Sue said...

That's a loaded question, hahaha. I can see why it's so successful.

I want to star in something. It doesn't really matter what, and I'm not seeking fame. I just want there to be one thing I'm truly good at and can shine in. Maybe photography? I think in my own eyes would be a start...