Monday, February 05, 2007

Ripple Connection Question of the Week


"WHAT BOOKS HAVE
YOU READ RECENTLY?"



I have to admit it.....this is one my favorite connection questions of all time. It reveals a whole lot about a person as to their interests, their guilty pleasures and perhaps a bit of an insight as to whom they are as a person.

In order to use this question effectively, you have to be prepared with a follow up. Something like:

"I have not heard about that book can you tell me more about it?"

"Would you recommend it?"

"How are you using it in your business?" (Obviously we aren't talking about Harlequin Romance novels with this question. Well unless perhaps you are Bill Clinton - just kidding.)

"Oh I read that book too. Would you be interested in comparing notes?"

"If you liked that book might I suggest....."

The types of books one reads provides oodles of connection points and can enhance the relationship you either already have or hope to develop with the person you are talking to. Plus with a little refined question and answer you can understand where the person's interests reside and further add to the relationship value by making additional book suggestions with similar themes or concepts.

Try Rippling yourself to some new connections this week by using this question and let me know how it goes? Plus take a moment to answer the question right here and now! I would love to know what my readers are reading!

Ripple On My Friends!

Steve Harper
www.ripplecentral.com







No comments: