Monday, April 09, 2007

Ripple Connection Question of the Week

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!!!

This week's Ripple Connection Question really hits close to home. You see I have traveled to Albuquerque to be with my folks as my mom goes through some pretty major surgery tomorrow (Tuesday). Frequent readers of my BLOG know that my mom is in the later stages of Alzheimer's and she hasn't been in the best of health. Though we don't exactly know what to expect we hope she pulls through tomorrow with no complications. Though in her condition any kind of procedure is fairly involved but I have a good feeling.

Alzheimer's disease is a horrible, horrible disease that shows no mercy and it has literally robbed my folks of their golden years. Dad has been an absolute saint vowing to take care of his true love every morning, noon and night and has for the past several years. To see how he cares for her is really inspirational and I swell with pride everytime I am home.

At any rate, as I flew out here this morning I kept thinking of one of my favorite Ripple Connection Questions which seemed very appropriate given my family's personal circumstances. Needless to say I thought I would share it with you and ask that you don't leave any words left unsaid with the ones that you love or who are simply important to you. Pick up the phone, write that letter or jump on an airplane and hold that hand as you share what is in your heart. Do it before circumstances prevent your words from being heard because that is a bell for which the toll can no longer be unrung.

So with no further adieu.....


What are you failing to say to
those who most need to hear it?



I may be offline for a day or two but promise to be back online with some more good Ripple stuff as soon as I am able. Until then, embrace this day, use the Ripple Connection Question and go make some Ripples in someone else's life by extension your own.


Ripple On!!!

Steve Harper


P.S. In case you missed this past weekend's Ripple On News and Notes newsletter and want to see what you missed, drop me an email and I will forward a copy to you (please be patient as it may take me a bit to send it to you because Internet connection in good old New Mexico is hard to come by!). If you have interest in signing up for future editions, please sign up by going to my website and signing up on the front page! Click here!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your connection questions are the bomb. I use them all the time!

Clint

Anonymous said...

Great post! We should all think more about this more often.

Anonymous said...

You have a fantatic BLOG. I learned about it off the Mybloglog.com website and so glad that I did. Thanks for the inspirational work you do. I look forward to becoming a regular reader.