Monday, April 23, 2007

It's Easy When You Have Passion

Today was a great day! As some of you may know, I am in the middle of delivering my comprehensive 3 day customer service training program for the State of Texas tax assessors and collectors. Today was the first day of the course and after a power-packed couple of modules I was paid one of the highest compliments that I think I have ever been paid.

At our final break one of the students came up to me and said, "I have attended training courses throughout my career but this is the first one that I have actually enjoyed from start to finish. I know we have a long way to go but if tomorrow and the next day are as a good as today has been, then I can't wait to see what's next."

She then made a comment that ironically has some relevance to a BLOG post I had a few weeks ago on the subject of passion (click here if you want to check it out). She said, "Who would have thought a boring topic like customer service could be so much fun."

I was of course humbled by her compliment and appreciative of her assessment of the course as being fun. I work very hard at what I do to deliver a performance that will undoubtedly stick in someone's mind long after they have left my class. It is my sincere goal that the information and how I share it will hopefully serve as a compass which will guide and stir not only them, but those that they work with and ultimately serve.

As I left the Omni Hotel today I was both proud and excited to have such positive feedback on the first day of my course. As I drove home I thought about what she had said and some of the other positive comments that had been received by other students throughout the day and I just smiled. I know without a doubt that I am destined to do exactly what I am doing and that is one of the most surreal and incredible feelings you can imagine. My passion, my drive and ultimately my desire comes out when I am training, speaking and pontificating (yes, I do that from time to time) and I am having more fun than a person should be allowed to have. Obviously it shows...or at least it did today.

On days like this my passion can't help but shine through and burn with such intensity that it (hopefully) leaves an indelible mark on the people I am lucky enough to serve. I feel absolutely blessed to be to be able to impact someone (hopefully many people) in some way. Talk about the ultimate Ripple!

I guess this is what Bruce Springsteen feels like as he holds the microphone as the first notes of Born To Run begin to play and the crowd goes absolutely nuts. Man....what a rush!!!

Ripple On!!!!

Steve Harper

P.S. If your organization sells a product or service and has customers....you might be interested in what my course has to offer. I promise your people will walk away with a truly refreshing approach to servicing both your internal and external customers. This ain't your typical blah blah blah boring same old customer service training....I can assure you of that. No organization can get enough education when it comes to serving the customer so why not learn how to service those customers...Ripple style?!? If you're interested in learning more about my course, please email at steve@ripplecentral.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not at all surprised that you received such great feedback on the class today. If you ever have a need for a reference for this class just have them contact me - Lisa G.

Anonymous said...

Having taken your course before I am a big fan. I am just jealous that I hear that you added to your curriculum this year! I think I need to send my whole office through it.

Tami
Houston, Texas