Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's A Mission Statement...Not a Memo!

So Jerry Maguire is a favorite of movie of mine...in fact I am watching it right now as I sip on a fine adult beverage and pound on my laptop keyboard.

The movie as a whole lacks a little but where it lacks the music certainly makes up for it. Though the movie may be a little bit too cliché in some parts the message it delivers is clear...sometimes you just have to go find yourself. Shake things up a bit.

My favorite part of the movie is when Jerry writes the infamous memo....errr I mean mission statement (depicted in the video). His very public declaration of what's wrong with his industry, his approach and ultimately his life ultimately proves incredibly powerful.



What if you were to do a Jerry Maguire? What would your public declaration say about what is wrong with your career, your relationships, your life? What might it say about doing it better? Doing it ALL better?

Think about it. Better yet...do IT. You might just find that it is the very best damn memo....ummmm I mean Mission Statement you have ever written.

Ripple On!!!


Steve

No comments: