Friday, March 23, 2007

Are You Thinking Big Enough?

A few weeks ago I posted one of the questions that I most like to ask myself and my coaching and consulting clients: What would your life look like if?

I have received some very interesting responses to that post and been fortunate enough to participate in some incredible conversations with many of you. The number one indisputable thing that came from my interactions was the utter inability for many of you to think big enough. It still seems incredible to me that so many people major in minor thinking but having been stuck in "that place" for much of my life I can certainly understand. Still doesn't make it right and like I had to learn for myself....isn't an excuse. At least it isn't your excuse beginning today! Right?

Seth Godin had a post on his BLOG from 2004 that I think puts the Thinking Big Enough concept into perspective. Check it out by clicking here.

No matter what you do today I ask you to do me one favor and honestly it's a favor to yourself if you really want to get technical. Ask yourself "What would my life look like if_______?" and fill in the blank. "Fill the hole" as it relates to your career, your family life, your personal goals, whatever it is. Take 15 minutes, get away from the cell phone, the computer and any other things that might distract you and just start playing. Pull out a blank sheet of paper and have a crisp new pen in your hand and start writing, drawing or just mind mapping.

THINK BIG. WHAT WOULD YOUR LIFE LOOK LIKE IF.....

Don't major in the minor things. Focus on what is possible and allow yourself to dream big!

Talk about a powerful anchor to get your weekend started. My bet is you won't be able to stop thinking about this little power session all weekend and by Monday morning, your BIG PICTURE is going to be a whole lot clearer.

Just try it and if you feel like sharing, drop me a line over the weekend and tell me what you discovered!

RIPPLE YOUR WAY TO ACHIEVE WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!

Steve Harper

1 comment:

Holly Schwendiman said...

Hi there, I just found you through your visit to my corner on MyBlogLog. Great article! I think if we understood the power of positive thought we'd all be working harder on it in our daily lives.

Hugs,
Holly
Holly's Corner