Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Create The Life You Want By Rippling - Lesson Two

You learned in yesterdays lesson one of my important mantras in terms of motivation behind Rippling. Now let me share with you my main Treasure Chest mantra that makes reaching out to others to create those Ripples possible.

"People are an unbelievable treasure chest of opportunity. You just have to take the time (and make the effort) to pick the lock, lift the lid and look at what's inside."

Most of us are really bad at connecting, not only with strangers but people we might see every day. One of the reasons we are so bad is because we allow our past experiences, filters, emotional baggage, fear and a myriad of other things cloud our judgment and block our path.

Donna Karlin an amazing friend and mentor of mine has a great example of how our filters a.k.a. garbage gets in our way in her BLOG today. Check it out by clicking here.

When I started looking at people for the world of possibilities they offer, not just for what they could do for me or my career, the doors of opportunity really started to open for me in all areas of my life. I began to see that it wasn't all about me; which as the youngest of four kids, I must admit was somewhat shocking to learn. No, I am as you are, simply a passenger on this train and no matter how much we might like it to, the world is never going to revolve around either of us. We are all in it together so I believe we should all make the most of it.

I do believe that everyone you meet, everyone who crosses your path is placed there for a reason. Some have a very distinct purpose while others simply pass through our lives like grains of sand slipping through our fingers. However the purpose everyone serves comes down to what you do with the opportunity.

Who is glaringly in your life right now that you don't spend the time with, don't make the effort with? What untold opportunities riches might this person bring to your life if you would only take the time and make the effort to unlock their treasure chest?

We all have filters, we all come with baggage. The law of the Ripple says you have to set those aside to truly experience and enjoy the riches the power of the Ripple can and will bring. Take the time. Get to know them. Explore why they are in your life or have crossed your path. Look for opportunities to create Ripples for them.

I truly believe if you look at people as a treasure chest of opportunity you will find you will have taken a significant step towards creating a Ripple-centric life. Let me tell you, that is the kind of life you really want!

Until next time.....

Ripple On My Friends!

Steve

No comments: