Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What Ripples Can I Create For You In 2012

So here's a full-proof strategy to increase your value in the eyes of the important people in your personal and professional network.

Ask them how you can help them in 2012.

Let me explain.

For the past few days, I've been spending a few minutes each morning reaching out to specific people in my personal and professional network.  I generally start by wishing them a Happy New Year and offering up my sincerest of wishes for a fantastic 2012 for us both.  But then I get very specific and ask...

What kind of Ripple can I create
for you in the upcoming year?

The response has been overwhelmingly positive. Though no one has come back to me with a specific request yet, almost everyone has responded with an appreciative phone call or email which of course open up the opportunity to have a quick catch up conversation.  The results of those quick little chats have been amazing. Not because I have a laundry list of things to do for any of these people but because the simple gesture showed I was invested in our relationship. Talk about making some social deposits in my network!

I've spread my reaching out activities around at bit, hitting up certain people on LinkedIn, my various social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, etc.) and of course my contact address book.  I pick out a handful of people each day, fire off a short email or do a quick phone call.  The Ripples I've been generating has been nothing short of amazing.

So who in your personal and professional network can you reach out to and wish a happy and successful 2012 to?  It's only takes a few minutes to make someone, and at the same time, yourself, feel amazing.

Don't just think about it, do it!  And as always...

Ripple On!!!

No comments: