Monday, February 02, 2009

Ripple Bites #1

I came to me in the night. I don't know if it was the pounding head or the cool relief of the Tylenol Cold and Flu that finally helped me gain clarity. Either way inspiration struck so I went with it. It was one of those nights where the pen just took over as idea after idea poured through my feverish brain onto the paper below.

One of those thoughts was gaining some clarity on my new book. I shall not bore you with those details this day. The other was this thing called Ripple Bites. What in the world are Ripple Bites? Small bite size thoughts and actions that if you really take them to heart can make a world of difference in your ability to make and build the kinds of connections you want out there in the world.

So with no further adieu, let me offer up the first in what I hope will be some thought provoking and hopefully motivating ideas to get your connecting and Ripple making abilities kicked into high gear.

Ripple Bites #1: Are You Their own personal MVP?

Would the people that you are connected with right here, right now think of you as their go to person, the most important person they could be connected to? Would they consider you their own personal MVP? If not, why not?

If not, how can you become their own personal MVP?

Here's a suggestion, ask them what it would take for you to be their most valuable player? After the unusualness of the question wears off, the person you've asked will be impressed that you even care and will likely tell you what you could do to be a better friend, colleague, mentor or muse. If they don't then push harder! Tell them you really want to know and suggest that you give them a day or two to think about it and get back together to find out what you can begin doing to become their own personal MVP?

Take a Ripple Bite and chew.

No comments: