Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Naked, Dripping & Focusing

Who do you need to connect with? Do you have a list? Do you take the time to review and focus on it daily?

If you answered no then you're missing the boat.

Each day I wake up and take a few minutes to go over in my head the people and companies I most need to make a connection with. Sometimes I think of the people I need to reconnect with, you know, those people that it's been too long since we last spoke and I need to reengage them to see what's going on. Sometimes it's people I need to introduce to one another because it would be of mutual benefit for them to meet. Oftentimes its companies or organizations I want to most connect with so that I can discuss opportunities to present at an internal training or upcoming corporate conference. More often than not, it's someone who appears on my allstar list and I need to take some decisive action forward to make the possibility of connecting with that person possible.

The entire process takes a matter of minutes and is something I do each day - often while I am toweling myself off from the shower. It's one of these few times in my day that I can put my actual physical being on autopilot and let my mind focus on what and where I direct it. By taking the time to focus, even for a few minutes, I allow my mind to get really creative. Some of my best ideas about how to connect people or how to take that next important step to meet someone like a Howard Schultz or Steve Jobs come during these times.

I leave the house each morning (of course dry) charged up and ready to take the next step and let me tell you this little bit of focus has made a world of difference in the amount of connections and Ripples that have come into my life. Though I am quite certain many of the people I've thought about would not take too kindly to my thinking of them while I am naked and dripping wet -you and I will just keep that our little secret okay?

Don't just take my word for it give it a try for yourself. What do you have to lose? You're already dripping wet and naked in the morning anyway....I'm just saying might as well use that time more wisely!

Ripple On!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SURELY that's not YOUR leg, Steve!