Friday, February 22, 2008

Fellow Rippler Paula Levy Proves You Can!!!

I just had to share this inspirational story and link to a video about fellow Rippler Paula Levy. I asked Paula to tell you why running her first marathon should prove to you and to me that no matter what the obstacles are, if you want something bad enough you can find a way.

Way to go Paula!!!
__________________________________

I was diagnosed with MS in 1990 when I was 26 years old. I had a choice to fight or give up – I was to young to do anything but fight. But I had another choice, I could choose joy or I could choose to be a bitter old hag, long before I had the right to be a bitter old hag. Woe is me it is not fair blah, blah, blah. I truly believe that your altitude is determined by your attitude and I choose every day my attitude.

I take a multitude of medications and I give myself an intramuscular injection once a week with an inch and a half needle but all of this allows me to work hard and to play hard. I have MS it doesn’t have me and I refused to let it define me. I have a “list of things to do before I die” and running a marathon is on the list. I began training in October 2006 for the Austin Marathon in 2008. While I didn’t cross the finish line that day, I tried something that I had never done before and I gave it everything I had. I ran the best possible race that I could run on that day and that is all I can expect.

You only get one shot at life and I can promise you that you will miss 100% of the shots you don’t take! I took a shot and came up short, this time, but I am far from out of the game.

Ripplin’ so long I am riding waves,

Paula

Click Here To Watch The Video Story on Paula

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Paula. I strongly believe that when we have a clear shot we have to take the dam shot because when our number is up we got go baby! so make the best out it and never ever under any circumstances give up. we were born to win.

Rami Jahedi