Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Kid Just Inspires Me

Well it's the weekend and I am having a very good one. Zachary made a triumphant return to the "pitch" aka the soccer field this afternoon. I was thinking that a one season absence so he could do the football thang might make him a little rusty. Boy was I wrong!

Zach charged down the field maybe two to three minutes into the game and kicked one of the prettiest goals I have seen him make. Of course I wasn't filming at the time go figure! I have to be honest, old dad got a little teary eye. There was no rust on that kid....heck it was like he never left the game even for a minute. He finished today with four goals in total. Can you tell I am just a little bit proud of my little man?

He inspires me because he truly enjoys the game. He enjoyed football and basically lives and breathes sports of all types but the kid is a natural when it comes to the soccer field. He continually amazes me and makes me so proud!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at that kid! No one could even get near him! That was incredible!

*Sigh* I miss soccer. No one in this house is playing anymore...

Steve Harper said...

Terri,

Why thank you. I could kick myself because his first goal was so much prettier. But this one was pretty darn cool too!

Come down and catch a game. It's still hot here though. We don't actually have FALL in Austin.

Ripple On!!!

Steve