Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Don't Be Late For The First Day Of The Rest of Your Life

What things are you waiting on to happen in your life?

To finally find more time at the end of the day?

For the kids to go to college?

For the boss to settle down and get off your butt?

Maybe you're waiting for that imaginary winning lottery ticket to finally come through?

Whatever it is, whatever that THING is, it is right now holding you back. It is preventing you from being who you should be and enjoying the life that you should be enjoying. I challenge you to argue that point.

Just as soon as I drop ten pounds then I will have confidence to ask that guy/girl out.

As soon as I get a really nice house I won't be embarrassed to have people over.

When I get more experience I would have confidence to try for that job I really want.

THINGS.......

THINGS......that likely won't be the cause of anything other than creating more opportunity for excuses.

It might be an over used analogy but what the hell...it's my BLOG! So what if you knew that this exact day in 2008 your time on Earth was over; you're outta here, your ready for that really long nap, shuffling off to Buffalo or off to where ever you think you go when you die. Would you on that last day be focused on the THINGS you should have done, the steps you should have taken and will that be enough to warm you when the coldness of death approaches? I know it won't for me. It won't be for you either.

These THINGS that have to happen in order for these other THINGS to happen is life's little game; a game that stacks the odds against those players who don't play to win.

Your life starts today.

Don't be late for the first day of the rest of your life.

Ripple On!!!

Steve

2 comments:

PRahman said...

Geez, man... get off my back already!!!

Oh, wait... you were talking to everybody. Doh!

Anonymous said...

"I challenge you to argue that point..."

Somebody recently said something very similar to me. He challenged all the reasons why I thought I couldn't do something, and ended up convincing me that I could.

I'm finding there are a lot of things that I've convinced myself out of doing in past years - and I've got lot's of catchin up to do, LOL.

Take care;
Anna