Friday, February 09, 2007

Believe! I Give You Permission.

"We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit."

E. E. cummings
American Poet, Playwright and Essayist

I think Mr. Cummings might be onto something with this quote. In my own personal experience I found that I didn't really start believing in myself until I surrounded myself with people that believed in me. I don't understand why that is. Where did I lose my ability to believe in myself along the way?

No matter where you are in your life, your career or your own personal journey, let me declare here and now you are valuable, worth listening to and worthy of our trust. Don't let the negativity of life, however it happens or whoever offers it to you, define you. Release yourself from the grips of the people who say you can not and surround yourself with people who say you can.

If it is permission you seek to believe in yourself then consider it granted. You no longer require anything from those who hold you down. Their hold on you is now gone.

Now, what might life look like? What might it mean?

The canvass of your life starts right now! It is blank, just waiting for you to add today's brush stroke, today's color. The masterpiece that you shall paint is your life and the brush you hold is your belief.

Belief in yourself.
Belief in your abilities.
Belief in all that you are destined to accomplish.

I believe in you. Believe in yourself. Experience your life.

If you ever begin to doubt, remember this Ripple. It was begun on this day for you!


Your friend in Ripples and Belief!

Steve

No comments: