Monday, May 01, 2006

New Month -- What Are You Going To Do About It?

I interrupt this otherwise intriguing, and yes, often entertaining series on how to make yourself more people friendly with a BLOG of a different color. I can do this from time to time without the risk of harm or outright anarchy because, alas....it is my BLOG and therefore my BLOGORAGATIVE.

WOW....I believe I have officially come up with a new word! That's right.....you were here when it happened. Mark the calendar. May 1, 2006 a DISCOVERY...AN INVENTION...A SHEAR ACT OF BRILLANCE....or for those of you who know me....a simple play on words that likely won't amount to nada. BUT...what if it does. You can say you were here when it happened. You can say you knew me when. You can say....I wonder if he will remember me when he is adorned all the riches and fame that the God's of Webster will lavish on him for this fateful discovery.

I think at times...I either need to cut back on my coffee or apply for a writing position with Dennis Miller. Alas....a new "rant!"

Today is May 1st. This month marks a lot of change and new beginnings.

Cinco De Mayo the Mexican holiday of Hot Food Worship and colon cleansing is in just a few short days. The school semester will be ending (God help me with my 7 year old home this summer and my office being directly located below his room!). The NBA Playoffs will alas begin their 4 months stretch to the Championship series (okay it just seems like it.!) If you live in Austin, the 2 days of Spring like weather is replaced by the hotter than a "pimple on the ass of hell" season (which now has officially been extended to December). And May marks the day that we have all been waiting for....Memorial Day. The FIRST official day off we have all had off since....New Years. That is unless you celebrate MLK Day, President's Day, Arbor Day, Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day, Good Friday, Easter, Mardi Gras, Administrator's Day, Ground Hog Day and of course...Immigration Celebration Day (or is that week...I forget).

Okay....there is a point to this POST I promise. Be patient! I am getting there. I promise!

May 1st, today is a brand new month. And I must ask, what do you want to do with this month? What do you want to accomplish? We all have a tendency to spend our time and energy on setting goals, getting in shape, starting that diet, being nicer, being more driven, more goal focused, more whatever....at the beginning of the year. But how are you doing with all of that? How many of your New Year's Resolutions have fallen by the waist side (that is the saying right?)?

My point is....this is the time for a little gut check. You have a brand new month ahead beginning today. What are you going to do with it? How can you make this May the most memorable May ever? What steps can you take right now to put yourself on the right track for whatever it is you want to accomplish?

May for me tends to be a month of freshness. Not Juicy Fruit freshness. A new dawning. Spring is officially in full bloom. You lawn will never look as lush and as green as it does right now. The air is still crisp with just a hint of chill in the early mornings. May is like a brand new puppy. Cute, cuddly and totally open to whatever you want to do...however you want to play.

Take the time to embrace this month and decided TODAY what you want to do with it. Make May 2006 the most memorable May's on record. Why? Because there is no guarantee that any of us will have a May 2007 that's why. Take Nike's advice and.....

JUST DO IT....IN MAY!!!!

Ripple On My Friends!


Steve Harper
www.therippleeffectbook.com

No comments: