Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yesterday's Gone

One of my all-time favorite bands is Fleetwood Mac.  Their song "Don't Stop" was on my mind this morning as I headed into the office.  Specifically because a couple of the lines make perfect sense for me, and maybe for you.

Don't stop thinking about tomorrow. 
Don't stop, it'll soon be here.
It'll be better than before.
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.

How many of wake up in the morning still agitated or angry about what did or didn't happen to us the day before.  Hell some of us live our lives as if we are angry about a lifetime of yesterdays.

Don't stop thinking about tomorrow.  Don't stop focusing on what lies ahead.  If you are always focused on the past how in the world can you ever look towards the future.

After spending some time with a few people that are stuck in the yesterday mindset, it made me really appreciate that I am glad my life consists of thinking of a lifetime of tomorrows.  It'll be better than before...cause if you have your eye on the right prize it always is.

If you need an attitude check, and let's face it who doesn't sometimes, check out Fleetwood Mac's video and remember yesterday's gone and it ain't coming back, especially if you don't let it.  The only question is, will you let it?




Can't see the video?  Go here: http://youtu.be/a8arvEzHsA8

Ripple On!!!

No comments: