Monday, December 21, 2009

The "Gifts" List

As I ran on our NordicTrack treadmill this morning (an early Christmas gift which took hours to put together and only seconds to have part of the incline break) I started thinking of all the "gifts" life has bestowed on me this past year. None more important than the friends, colleagues and supporters who have reasserted themselves in my life this year. And of course I would be remiss if I didn't think of all the countless new connections I've made through this BLOG, through my speaking, consulting and various social media platforms I am on. Just thinking of all those people and what they've meant to me brings a smile to my face, even as I write this to you.


As the rhythmic beat of my shoes thumped along on that little spinning belt, images of all of these people, my "gifts" started appearing in my mind's eye. I felt an overwhelming sense of appreciation and gratitude sweep over me (which at that point was awesome because my hammy was really starting to moan!). As I started reconstructing my year I realized just how many "gifts" life allowed me to have this year and to say I was appreciative would be an understatement.

As soon as I got off the treadmill and before my butt really started howling (from all the pain) I wanted to sit down and capture on a list as many of those people who came to mind during my workout. Now as I sit here and look at that incredible list of people I wonder what can I do to make sure each of them know just how much they have meant to me this year?

Santa may have his list but now I have mine. Though I certainly don't have a sleigh chalked full of presents for each of them I bet an unexpected "Thank You" either by phone, email, Twitter or in person coffee would be just as powerful.

What about who you? What "gifts" are on your list this holiday season and how do you plan to celebrate them?

Come on get a pen and some paper and start cracking.

Ho Ho Ho and as always....

Ripple On!!!

2 comments:

Steve Harper said...

you always amaze me with the little things your brain comes up with =)

Anonymous said...

whoops that was supposed to be me - I guess you hadn't signed out sorry! (that looks pretty funny that you commented on your own blog! hee hee!)

Kathy