Tuesday, November 03, 2009

From The Perspective Of A Shy Introvert Part 1

I have the great fortune of speaking all over the country on the power of Rippling. I truly feel blessed that I have such an amazing opportunity to share through my work exactly what the power of connection can mean to one's own personal and professional life. I am living proof that Rippling yourself to the right types of connections can mean the difference between a successful and happy life or one that offers neither.

I am having a blast doing what I do but I would be the first to tell you it isn't easy.

You see everything I present on or write about comes from the perspective of a shy introverted person. That's right! I am not naturally a "people person" never have been and likely never will be. People to a large extent scare me. It's the God's honest truth!

So why do I do it?

Because even shy, introverted people can do little in this world alone.

Simply put...we ALL need people.

And let me let you in on a little secret...they need us too!

I was fortunate enough to have good examples, let's call them guides, along the way that showed me how to crack that nervous shell and come out and play - if even for a little bit. Over the next few posts I want to give you some tricks that I have learned along the way to make connecting a wee bit easier for you - especially if you are like me and that process doesn't come naturally. And if you are already comfortable talking and connecting with people perhaps you'll pick up a few ideas to enhance and advance your connecting efforts.

Stay tuned and as always....

Ripple On!!!

No comments: