Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Coffee Reconnect


So over the past month or so I have been scheduling coffee meetings like a mad man. I have been vigorously reviewing my list of contacts and specifically looking for people that I have somehow lost touch with this past year.

Hey it happens...even to the Ripple guy!

Shhh don't tell anyone - our secret okay?

Anyway I have been reaching out to folks and simply inviting them to reconnect over coffee. I have no specific agenda other than to tell the folks of my remorse in losing touch due to my crazy schedule and to ask them about what's going in their world.

Then I let the floor become theirs.

These short little meetings have been incredible. I've reconnected with some folks that are very important to me. I get to reinforce that they are important to me - though we've perhaps been out of touch due to crazy schedules. I get the opportunity to be brought up to speed on the happs in their lives and careers. And ultimately I have an opportunity to sit down with some inspiring folks several times a week which keeps my battery fully charged and my heart and mind inspired.

So why don't you give it a try right now! Go to your contact database, address book or email and take a quick glance at who you've lost touch with this past year. Fire off an email or give them a quick ring and just say, "Hey it's been too long. Let's reconnect over coffee" and get something on the calendar in the next few days.

Trust me, you and they will be glad you did!

Ripple On!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,

It's so funny you put this out today, as I just had two of those coffee meetings last night!

Now I just need to get back on track with the coffee meeting we were going to schedule after you last trip....I'm sure one of us will get that going soon. :)

Happy New Year and Ripple On.

Kevin