Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Are You Someone's Lifeline?

In recent weeks I have found myself in several situations where people who were either through bad luck, or difficult circumstances, desperate for help. In their desperation for help, advice or unassuming judgment they each individually reached out to me.

One friend found himself laid off unexpectedly. One was a former client who found their business facing certain closure. Yet another connection was facing a personal relationship failure that was going to have ramifications on a business venture he is trying to get off the ground.

The position I found myself in was one where I was most certainly a lifeline for these three individuals. I was someone they wanted and needed help from and I was both honored and humbled by the trust they so clearly placed in me by reaching out.

So here's my question to you....

How many people rely on your advice or help when circumstances grow beyond what they see as solvable by themselves? How many people know to initiate contact with you when they really need help?

So what are you waiting for? Tell those who most need to hear it - you've got their lifeline when and if they ever need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I may not own much of anything like some rich people ,what I have--a good friend like Steve Harper.

Dear Steve:
Thank you for believing in me when I found it difficult to believe in myself....for saying what I've needed to hear sometimes, instead of what I've wanted to hear...for siding with me...and for giving me
another side to consider.

Thank you for putting so much
thought and care into our friendship...for sharing so many things. Thank you for always being honest with me being kind to me...being there for me.

Thank you for being a friend to me
in so many meaningful ways.


You are a true friend

Happy Holiday My Friend


Rami