Monday, July 07, 2008

Launch Pad Monday

What if you were to start off today with the mindset that this Monday was going to be the start of the best week ever? Do you think your attitude would be at all affected? You bet!

Most people approach this day with pained trepidation. Ask almost anyone and Monday is one of the most hated words in the English language. It symbolizes the dragginess (another Steveism) that I believe inevitably holds many, if not most, people back. It's a trap that whether you realize it or not it affects your whole attitude and will last well beyond Monday and will permeate the remaining days of your entire week.

What if you were to stop. What if today you said no more! What if you decided Monday wasn't the enemy? What if you decided that Monday was going to be the best day in the week? That's right...you just plain decide that this Monday, the one here and now, is the one that is going to launch you into a week full of super successful days that culminate in a fabulous week?

I hear many of you right now. "But Steve, I can't have a great attitude about Monday because I have to much to do, the kids are driving me crazy, there's too much to do, etc." Or "Steve that sounds good but work sucks and no matter how much I fire myself up the results will always be the same."

Excuses are for people who are willing to let life not only roll over you but pass you by. That kind of attitude is guaranteed to keep you squarely where you are right now. For many....that means just plain stuck and going no where fast.

If that sounds like you try something different.

The choice is yours. You can approach this Monday with the same old attitude and get the same old tried and true results or you don't have to. You can take control! You can decide to make this day your day. It isn't your job's Monday, it's yours. You can decide that Monday works for you, not the other way around.

You have the power you know?

Make this the Monday that launches you into the week you know you want to have. Allow this day to propel your attitude and ultimately your happiness into a whole new orbit.

Come on you can do it! It's Monday! Rejoice. There is much to be accomplished out there for you. There is much to be explored. There is a whole world waiting for you.

The countdown is at zero. Time to take off!!!

Ripple On!!!

6 comments:

Artie Gold said...

On behalf of those of us who are decidedly not "morning people", I say:

"Damn pollyana!!!!"

OK. That's out of the way.

I like the rest of what you have to say; without dreams -- put into action -- of what's not, the chances of getting there are vanishingly small. The trick is to integrate those dreams into the incessant grindiness of day to day reality.

And one of these days, I'll figure that out....
--ag

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Thanks! This is just what I needed today as I am in ABQ enjoying morning walks along the base of the Sandias (along Tramway), some great food, wine tasting, and the company of my best friend, while I check out the possibility of making this my new home. I will utilize this Monday to check out opportunities here because you just never know who may need someone like me to work for them. It's already a great week just because it is starting here, and what a week it will be if I find that connection on this trip!!!

Lisa G

Sue said...

Hehehe, it's not Monday itself, it's the first day of the work week. For me, this is usually Thursday. I work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and extra stuff on Tuesday (but I get out early on Tuesday and can 'go out' and unwind, so I like Tuesday).

I will apply this on Thursday. :-)

Buddha said: "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become. "

Unknown said...

great post and great attitude adjustment here. i liked your thoughts on this. i work mon-fri, but today was a really good mon (but it was my attitude mostly that made a world of difference to me today).

i think this is my first time here.

thanks and greetings from kathleen in anchorage alaska

Anonymous said...

Steve,

It's easier when you think of this being your first Saturday of a 6 Saturday, 1 Sunday week.

True, most "First" Saturdays are busier than others, but it's great to be alive and it's great to have an opportunity to help people.

Very inspiring post...thanks!

Kevin

Anonymous said...

When I am down about Monday it is usually because I am not looking forward to anything I want to do. I am not seeing the big picture - getting my client closer to delivery, finding that perfect pair of shoes (on sale), getting a great photo on the trail, meeting someone interesting at the coffee shop. Perhaps Monday's would be better if it were mandatory to meet a new person (or discover something new about someone you know) before 9 am.