Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Tightening Labor Market Means You Better Learn To Ripple

It is half passed ten and you received a call from your boss asking to see you. You immediately head over and she asks you to shut the door. Panic sets in immediately.

She asks you to have a seat as she shuffles paper around her office nervously. Your hands begin to sweat. She makes some veiled attempts at small talk asking about your son's soccer team and reliving the fun times you both shared at a co-workers birthday happy hour recently. She is stalling and you can feel it.

She abruptly shifts gears and the tone light chit chat suddenly changes with, "I have some bad news."

You can likely imagine the rest right?

Unfortunately conversations like this are going to be happening a lot more in the coming months and years. As I rode over to the office this morning I was listening to NPR and they were talking about 1/3 of the top 100 builders would be forced into bankruptcy within the next 12-18 months. The impact obviously will be devastating for people in that industry on so many levels. And honestly if the pundits continue to scare the business and consumer public, many more industries, communities, individuals and whole families will be impacted.

So the simple question I must ask you is how prepared are you? I mean if the scenario above were to occur and your boss had to have that very same conversation with you, would you be alright and have options or would you be starting at square one?

Learning to Ripple your way to the important business connections that can aide you in a time of need is so critical. Yes, there are plenty of people out there that continually tell you networking is the key to landing your next job and I would agree, but only to a certain extent. Networking alone won't help you in your time of need. Only relationships, real relationships will; and that's why Rippling is so uniquely different and honestly, why it so powerful.

My friends the time to start learning to Ripple your way to better connections, to building stronger relationships and to creating your own destiny is upon us. Are you prepared?

I want to help. One way I am putting my money where my mouth is to provide an exclusive offer to my BLOG readers to get their Rippling started by learning the true impact of The Ripple Effect. I would like to extend a special discounted price on my book for you, for your family, friends, co-workers, important customers, etc. I believe so much in these strategies and the impact that it can make in your personal and professional life I want to make purchasing this book for yourself or someone else you know needs it, a no-brainer.

The book is only the first part. Its how committed you need to be to actually implement the strategies and put in the hard (but fun) work to gain the full benefit of the power of the Ripple. I hope you will. I hope in just a short period of time you can answer YES when asked if you are ready for the potentially turbulent times ahead.

No comments: