Friday, August 03, 2007

The Starbucker Meme Continues

Drew McLellan, from Drew's Marketing Minute, a couple of weeks ago tagged me to play along with a meme that our friend Terry Starbuck from Ramblings of a Glass Half Full started. Since it is Friday and I most likely will be holding one of these at some point during the weekend I figured it was a good time to respond.

So I am supposed to let my creativity flow.....here it goes.


1. How full is your glass?
2. What kind of glass is it?
3. What's in the glass?
4. Reason for #1, #2 & #3?


My glass is filled to the top with a perfect layer of foam resting on top.


My glass is actually not a glass but surely a beer stein from my growing collection of amazing Budweiser Steins. I have a new Dale Jr. one I just purchased off eBay so that might be the ticket for this weekend.


Beer of course, preferably dark, dark beer! Don't you people know anything about me? :-)



Dark beer is an acquired taste and is just plain special. The perfect dark beer consumed from a "man's man" stein at just the right pace (okay continual not stopping until the fridge is empty kind of pace) has a way of transforming you back to the days of pubs. Those little holes in the wall where people communed and connected over "merry a pint." My steins, my affinity for my dark beer and the way it mellows me out (or jacks me up depending on the day and time) has to be a connection to my Irish ancestors. I know they are smiling upon me and tipping their pints in salute whenever a dark frothy concoction is pour. They may not be exactly thrilled it is going into a modern day Budweiser stein but hey....they didn't remember me in the will so I work with what I got!


Now its my turn to tag.....



Carlon Haas
Ms. Terri
Mitch Matthews
Dan Naden


Safe weekend everyone and of course......


Ripple On!!!

Steve

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I can't resist a meme! I'll post mine when I get back from the lake on Sunday. Have a great weekend!

Terry Starbucker said...

Well done Steve! Thanks for particpating in this meme. Here's to communing and connecting over pints of our beverage of choice. All the best.

Robyn McMaster, PhD said...

Love the Irish! Great glass and refreshing contribution to Terry's meme. Maybe this'll start a ripple effect!

Anonymous said...

Now I know what to buy you when we actually get to share a drink one of these days!

Thanks for playing along!