Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Answer The Call

We all know someone right now in our personal or professional lives who may be struggling. Whether it be with a relationship, difficulties with their kids, career issues, or whatever. No matter what the size of the struggle guaranteed it looks and feels much bigger to the person who is right now going through it. And without a doubt, whatever their struggle might be they are most certainly feeling overwhelmed, out of control and alone.

I have been there. I suspect you have been there too.

People who are struggling need to know that they have your support, that someone out there cares. Simply having someone who takes the time to sit down and listen, brainstorm or just plain give advice can be a huge relief to someone.

Reach out and help someone who needs helping.

You will be absolutely glad you did. Trust me!

Answer the call. Or better yet....make one.

Ripple On!!!

Steve

5 comments:

Anji said...

I helped someone out this morning. I'm usually quite shy but I was determined. It does leave a 'feel good' feeling

Anonymous said...

Great post, Steve. As much as it is important to develop yourself, it is equally important to help others in their times of need (or anytime for that matter).

By helping others, you help yourself even more.

Unknown said...

I agree

Steve Harper said...

Anji,

Thanks so much for doing that. Sometimes it can be scary but the reward and feeling of self-worth is so worth it!

Great job!

Ripple On My Friend!

Steve

Steve Harper said...

Thanks Carlon! I think our friendship is proof positive of that don'tcha think?

Ripple On My Brother From Another Mother!

S