Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ripple Connection Question of the Week

Ripple Connection Questions are a unique way to engage people in conversation. Whether with a complete stranger or someone you already know, but want to know better, using Ripple Connection Questions (RCQ) accelerate the dialogue and deepen the connection. They are fun to ask and very revealing in the answers you will get and perhaps the answers you share.

Come on, break out of that shell yours and start Rippling. Trust me you will be glad you did!

This week's RCQ is all about what you can personally do this week to make your own personal impact out there in the world.

So what do you see when
you look in the mirror?


I just discovered this amazing way to reconnect with myself. I spend a lot of time looking in the mirror at myself (no not because I have great hair or such an engaging smile...joke!). I stare into my eyes and allow whatever thoughts want to come to me come to me. At that moment, I am real. I am myself. There are no heady words or dynamic descriptions that are needed. No need to impress anyone...because it is just me. Me being me. Alone.

What I see when I look in the mirror is that scared little kid anxious for life to begin but fearful (at times) of what life really has in store for me. Then in an instant, those images are replaced with the 36 year old man who holds the keys to a world of incredible opportunities. It's hard not to smile. It's hard not to like the guy in the mirror. It's amazing how rewarding these little moments are.

So what do you see when you look in your mirror?

1 comment:

Tom Magness said...

Thanks for this...and all your posts, Steve. Great question.

So I tried it. I looked in the mirror. And what did I see? My Dad! And as I think about it...I hope that some day my girls will look in the mirror and see some part of me in them, too!

Hooah!