Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Where Did Christmas Go?


Is it just me or is it that the day after Christmas seems like the biggest let down in the world? All this build up, all the anticipation of the big day and BLAM....it is gone as quickly as it came. Though this year, it seemed that the season dragged on even longer as some stores started their Christmas music back in September! I think that should be against the law personally!

Well Santa came and went at our house. Our Christmas officially began at 4:45AM when my oldest came barreling down the hallway to announce the "Big Guy" had officially come. Upon initial inspection of the vast array of packages I think, at least for few hours, we could have officially been called Toys-R-Us North. I swear Santa didn't use a sleigh to deliver his presents to Zach and Josh but rather a Semi Truck. Despite having a ton of presents my two boys tore through them with the efficiency of a "jack rabbit on a date." (Quote from what movie?).

I still remain amazed that despite the overwhelming haul of magical toys and hours upon hours of fun ahead that by 3PM the kids were both complaining they were bored. Oh the magic of Christmas seems to have changed since my day. My parents usually had to physically remove me from my toys in order to put me to bed on Christmas night. My two were fast asleep by 8:30 last night without nary a complaint. What strange kids I have!

Hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas!

Merry Ripple Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Steve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To My Dear Friend Steve,
Ah Christmas, with a 2 year old in the house, I feel like I am learning about the holiday as if I were a Martian. It is totally different this side of the camera. First off it snuck up on me, and before you know it I was rippling with the Mall Santa, who was so totally into the gig (real beard, 2nd marriage, no kids). We had a wonderful Christmas - Santa brought a train. Hey he's two and a half why bother with any other toy. Never mind about the night shuttle launch we saw on vacation with Gramma, there were TRAINS! I hope and pray that 2007 brungs us all something as exciting as TRAINS!