Thursday, December 07, 2006

Ripple Connection Question of The Week

"WHAT IS SOMETHING THAT
YOU WANT TO ACCOMPLISH

BUT YOU NEED SOMEONE ELSE'S
HELP IN ORDER TO MAKE IT
HAPPEN?"



Ken from Australia wrote to me and asked me to keep up the good Ripple Connect Questions because he is using them and meeting so many interesting people along the way! Thanks for the words of encouragement Ken and keep the stories coming as to how your progress with you "connection adventures!"

This particular question has been one of the favorites amongst my 8 Minute Ripple attendees because of the level of insightfulness it gives into the person you are connecting with. I am so turned on by this question that with the help of a good friend of mine, Mitch Lobrovich (a brilliant film producer here in Austin) we are going to make this the cornerstone of a new video venture called Rippleontv.com --- Stay tuned for more info and the official launch...hopefully later this month!

At any rate, the question itself has opened up tons of doors for people. It is one of my favorite all-time questions and generally get's people thinking about how they can help one another. It has opened up new business ventures, created new friendships and has Rippled in so many ways that my head is spinning just thinking about it.

The power of just one question can literally change the course of your life! I know this one did for me! By and large, it was the single biggest reason my book came to fruition in the first place. Marc Schwartz, the best editor and collaborative partner a writer could have answered that question for me and took my ramblings from concept, to idea to hard copy printed word! The Ripples of which are still being felt each and every day.

Take some time today to reach out and really connect today. Use this question and step back and watch as you see people open up and share what is passionately held in their heart.

STOP NETWORKING. START CONNECTING.

Ripple on my friends!

Steve




2 comments:

Unknown said...

"What is something that YOU want to accomplish but you need someone else's help in order to make it happen?"

GREAT question! And your answer is?

(Well you didn't expect any less from me, did you?)

Donna : )

Steve Harper said...

Great question my friend! I need to take my book NATIONAL and gain more exposure and opportunities to speak on the concept of The Ripple outside of Texas.

And now your turn.....Miss Donna!