Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ripple Me The What If?


What if.....

You could meet the person that might just make 2007 the best year ever?

You could meet the connection that could take your career to the next level?

You could meet the person who just might fund that business plan or cause you are so passionate about?

What if.....You could do it today?

Every day that teaches us something is a day that we should cherish. Yesterday, for me, was one of those days.

I met a very nice young woman for coffee whom admittedly, I had met some time ago but had never taken the time to follow up with (until now). My bad! My mistake! I know, I know, I broke my own rules and advice that I give right here in this BLOG.

Like Robin Williams said in Good Will Hunting (one of my favorite movies by the way), "I teach this sh*t, I didn't say I know how to do it."

As I met with this nice woman I realized that she held in her hands the ability to further progress on a project I am working on in a multitude of capacities. What if I had continued to not make the time to meet with her? What if I had only continued to focus on my own little world? What if I had continued to tell myself the story that I simply didn't have time?

Well I would have missed something pretty special wouldn't you agree?

Perhaps I should have reversed my What If thinking to what I might be missing? Perhaps I would have made it more of a priority to meet with her.

How many times do we fail to let ourselves dream about The What If? How often do we fail to notice the person smiling at us in the elevator and we look away. That person could be your next boss. How often do we miss the chance to thank our staff for a great job because we assume they know how their efforts are appreciated. Only to lose them to a competitor who will show them they are appreciated. How come we fail to remember that achievement is seldom accomplished alone? While people who can help us cross our path in life every single day.

Those What If's might just become....well.....somethings! Full on Ripples perhaps!!!

What are your What If's? What are you missing?

The casusal conversation that you start today with the lady in line with you at the bank may be nothing or it might be something. What if?

Ripple yourself to What If today!

Ripple On Friends!

Steve Harper

SPECIAL NOTICE: LOOKING FOR A PROFESSIONAL SPEAKER FOR YOUR HOLIDAY FUNCTION OR NEW YEAR KICK-OFF EVENT? CHECK OUT A SNIP-IT OF A RECENT PRESENTATION AND LET ME KNOW IF I MIGHT BE OF SERVICE TO YOUR COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION. CLICK THE LINK BELOW!


Special thanks to Jeff Marshal of Ten Tables Production www.tentables.com

No comments: