Friday, November 17, 2006

Make It Known - Ripple Question of The Week

Hello my great friends and fellow Ripplers. This is a combination post...hope you don't mind!

I have received a dozen or so inquires as to whether I am going to post a Ripple Connection Question this week. I will admit, I fell a little behind on my responsibility here. Between an 8 Minute Ripple Event I held this past Wednesday (Thanks to Denise Leslie and the great team at the South Lamar Alamo Drafthouse) and working on a new Coaching Course I will be announcing in the coming days, my time has been a little stretched.

But with no further adieu let me submit the question and in part an answer to consider.

"What do you need?"

Some of you may be scratching your head but the question and my suggested answer are extremely valid and useful.

As you begin preparing for the holidays and the start of yet another year, what is something that you need and want but need someone's help to fill it? I submit that the only way that this need is going to get filled is if you share it with as many people as you possibly can and bottom line make your need known!

Think about it....

You want to start your company but need help setting up the legal entity. Make it known. Chances are someone knows a lawyer who can help you.

Perhaps you need to change jobs. The more you make your dream job known, the easier it is for people in your network to keep an eye and ear peeled for opportunities for you.

You get the picture right?

Whatever the need is, the chances of having that need met or filled by someone you already know or who you might attract to your life is very real and very possible. The problem with most of us is we rarely make our needs known.

Well let me lead the way and tell you my need.

I need to find more clients for the upcoming year who want to focus their efforts on deepening and strengthening the relationships they have with the employees, clients and prospects.

There you have it! It's a valid business need and something I know someone, somewhere out there will know exactly how to fill.

So....take the time to identify your need and shout it from the roof tops if you have to. But whatever you do, make it known because if we don't know what you need, we won't know how to help!

Finally, our Favorite Thanksgiving Memory contest is in full swing. I have received a fantastic response to the request for stories. Please keep submitting them. To read the original post and receive instructions on how to submit your favorite memory click here.

Ripple On Friends!

Steve







No comments: