Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The "Late" Weekly Quote

"TAKE THE TIME TO ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS."

Steve Harper
Author

I have received a number of emails already this week asking me where my weekly quote and question of the week was. I apologize for the delay. I had intended to send this out on Sunday night and fell victim to Blogger's system update and it never was posted.

Well, where have I been? Actually taking my own advice! Enjoying the little things with my dad who is here visiting from Albuquerque. We have been enjoying some quality father and son time fishing the many beautiful lakes we have here in Texas. Notice I said fishing instead of catching. I have caught just a few more than good old dad but who's counting. (Me of course....but don't tell him!).

I have really enjoyed spending time with dad this visit. He always makes time to come down and spend time with my wife and kids but its the father and son chats we have out there on the water that I enjoy the most. I cherish every opportunity with him and realize that every time I am with him in the solitude of the drifting boat that these are the little things in life that make me really happy. A father and son out doing what a father and son are supposed to do.

I hope you will take the time to enjoy the little things as I am this week. We are off to another body of water this morning and I for one couldn't be happier!

Ripple On My Friends!

Steve

No comments: