Sunday, June 18, 2006

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY


Today is a day to honor our Dads!

For me, it was a memorable Father's Day as I awoke to lots of great presents, a wonderful breakfast and a whole lot of love. My family is just about the most amazing family one could have (and sorry...I ain't sharing!). Kathy my wife is a beautiful wonderful person that gives and gives so I can pursue what I am passionate about. My two boys...well, they simply melt my heart! I don't think a Dad could be prouder of the fine young men they are turning out to be.

It's days like these that make me proud to be called Dad.

It's also days like this that make me miss my own Dad. He and my Mom were going to take a little side trip this morning from Albuquerque to go see my sister Debbie and her family down at the lake. A great way to spend Father's Day for him I am sure though I wish I could be there to celebrate with him.

I am proud to be my Dad's son. He is my absolute hero. He is one of the most amazing guys I know and has shown (sometimes forcefully) what it means to be a man! He was always full of love and support and no matter what I was up to or how dumb I might have been at times (growing up and occasionally now), he was always been there to encourage me no matter what.

We all have special memories of our Dad's that we reflect on from time to time. Why not use today to share one or two of them with either your Dad or someone who you love. Tell them why your Dad helped you become the person that you are today. Trust me, it would be the ultimate ripple effect for your Dad to hear something special that you remember and the memories you hold because of what he did for you!

For me...Dad, it's those long drives up to the mountains to go catch some fish and the great conversations we always had. Or the countless hours spent hitting that fuzzy yellow tennis ball back and forth. You always made me feel special and you were always there for me. You are still there for me and continue to be an inspiration and set the bar for the man I hope to oneday become!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

Ripple On all of you Dads our there!!!!

Steve Harper

1 comment:

Margie said...

This was so very touching.
Thanks for sharing it.
I enjoyed reading it so much.
You have a WONDERFUL family.